TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual.
Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify an individual guest, and cannot be used to identify a guest. We collect the following categories of information:
- Information you provide when you contact us or request additional information
- Location information when you visit the Site or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with the Site or applications or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Site, or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms
- The content, including any words, images and videos, contained within a post made by you on a third-party website and/or application, as well as your user name on such third-party website and/or application, and any profile picture used by you on such third-party website and/or application
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information technology, such as cookies, including when you visit the Site and applications.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To display certain posts on our Site
- Optimize or improve our Site and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We will not share your personal information outside the Online Books Club except in limited circumstances, including:
When you allow us to share your personal information with others.
However, depending on where your information initially is posted, such information may be shared in a variety of ways, which will be determined based on the data privacy policies of those third-party websites and/or applications, as well as any personal privacy settings you have chosen within each of those websites and/or applications.
When we share personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our guests and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our guests and third parties, to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
Generally, we will store data that we have collected indefinitely. However, we provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include (if relevant):
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
Please note that if you delete your account on a third-party website or application that is associated with the information we have collected, that does not necessarily mean such information will be deleted from the Site. If you would like information posted on the Site to be deleted at any time, you can contact us with such a request, or any other questions or concerns.
RESPONSES TO LEGAL REQUESTS AND TO PREVENT HARM
We may access, preserve and share your personal information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of India where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our Terms of Service, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information about you regarding any violations of our Terms of Service for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our Terms.